“Love is the virtue that makes all of the rules purposeful”. This sermon note reminds us that without love, there’s no purpose in anything, but with love, there’s a reason for everything. Self-love and compassion lead to healthier relationships, all of them. Loving yourself leads to a healthier body-mind-spirit balance because you’ll put a higher value on doing the things that make you feel great.
February is heart health month, and many question whether or not cannabis can be protective of our cardiovascular system. Cannabis and heart health is new territory, but early research shows higher HDL (good) and lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels in long term cannabis users. The Western diet, lifestyle issues, and stress cause high blood pressure, which then causes atherosclerosis or thickening of the arteries with inflammatory compounds. Activating CB2 with phytocannabinoids reduces this buildup by cooling the inflammation. Long-term CBD dosing in many of my clients has brought down blood pressure and improved metabolic panels, allowing some to reduce other RX and to limit side effects.
Another study showed that cannabinoids may be cardioprotective against cardiac arrhythmias, or times where the heart beats too fast, too slowly, or with an irregular pattern. Arrhythmias can be brought on by long-term stress, as high cortisol levels can raise blood pressure, blood cholesterol, blood sugar, triglycerides, and other risk factors for heart disease in general. CBD’s anti-anxiety properties can help combat stress, lower cortisol, and may protect against arrhythmias related to those causes.
With or without CBD, your endocannabinoid system is working to reduce stress. You can control your blood pressure and lower your cholesterol with lifestyle efforts, namely diet and exercise. Don’t smoke tobacco and don’t drink too much alcohol. Cannabis is loved around the world for helping people relax and breathe. THC can disengage the monkey mind, and CBD can open the blood vessels giving you a one-two relaxation approach. Be cautious when using THC, as too much can trigger anxiety, cause dizziness, raise heart rate, and create irregular beats. Consult with your doctor or cannabis nurse before consuming if you have pre-existing issues.
For those of you curious about a cannabis career – please check out our updated Professional Programs and compare all of our online educational courses for healthcare professionals, CBD/Cannabis Industry Insiders, and the general public. Holistic Caring Programs offer self-paced comprehensive training, toolkits, and mentoring support to grow your practice. Registered Nurses earn up to 30 CEUs!
February is a month of love, so be kind and gentle to yourself and others! Improve your health, and help others do the same. Become educated about all the options on the table, learning cannabis medicine and holistic ways to heal, and then share our programs and services with someone you love!
We LOVE sharing good news and our past podcast guest Dr. Daniel D. King, DNP presented on Cannabis & Anesthesia, and how Stigma plays a huge part in the hospital. He kindly acknowledged Holistic Caring for sharing his surveys among our audience. Check it out his publication here: “The role of stigma in cannabis use disclosure: an exploratory study”
Please let us know if we can be of assistance to you or anyone you love.
In health and with love, Elisabeth & Sherri Mack and the Holistic Caring Team
LOVE20 coupon for 20% OFF all products at www.bloomhemp.com
NURSE50 for 50% off All Patient & Professional Programs at www.holisticcaring.com
Join Us In The Free Holistic Caring Network and Get Your Learn On!
- Monday February 5th – 11am PST. Cannabis Nurse Health Coach Mastermind in the Network. Nurses enrolled in the CNHC Program can seize the opportunity to ask questions and maximize your learning experience. Join our monthly discussions on care plans, case studies, and the latest research and news. We are here to support your journey towards and help optimize your development.
- Monday February 19th – 12pm PST. Bloom Hemp Affiliate Training with Nurse Katie McCarthy, Sherri & Elisabeth Mack. Earn while you learn, and then continue as you build your own practice!
- Thursday February 22nd – 12 pm PST. Psychedelic Education, Support and Integration Group monthly offering is for those who are new to plant medicine, including psychedelics for bio-psycho-social spiritual healing. Learn how to optimize the experience using CBD and lifestyle as medicine to support the endocannabinoid system and the endocannabinoidome. It is a safe space for integration and ongoing learning while exploring psychedelics for inspired consciousness and deep healing.
The Green Nurse Podcast started its 7th Season of streaming and sharing compelling stories of healing. Our popular monthly Clinical Conversations covers the many clinical uses of cannabis as medicine. Everyone deserves to feel good, so let’s get started on healing you!
- Wednesday February 7th @ 5pm PST. The Green Nurse Podcast with Alice, O’Leary Randall. She is known as the 1st Lady of Medical Cannabis shares her personal story and that of her husband Robert Randall who was the 1st Patient to obtain federal supplies of cannabis from the University of Mississippi for medical purposes, glaucoma.
- Wednesday February 14th @ 12pm PST. Clinical Conversations – Happy Valentines Day! Let’s review Heart Health and Safe Consumption in our monthly webcast.
- Wednesday February 28th @ 5pm PST. The Green Nurse Podcast with Dr. Deanna Sommers PhD, MSN, RN, PNP-PC sharing her Cannabis Nursing Journey.
LIVE EVENT – CVCANN FEBRUARY 21ST
Cannabis is legal … but do you know how to use it as a Wellness & Healing Tool?
We believe that cannabis medicines can aid many conditions that conventional care doesn’t. Come join us for Cannabis 101 – produced by Holistic Caring & The Green Nurse at the Coachella Valley Cannabis Alliance
Bloom Customers get a FREE Email Treatment Plan from our expert Holistic Caring Green Nurses! Simply complete the short intake form asking you a few questions about your health, and state your goals and objectives. We will email you back with a few product recommendations and lifestyle tips tailored to you. Complete the intake form today. This is our way to say THANK YOU to our ongoing customers & Welcome Aboard to all of the Newbies!
QUESTIONS about any of our products and services?
Contact us on our FREE Nurse Line – 970-404-HOPE (4673)